The Australian Physiotherapy Association describes well how we can assist you as a Physiotherapist.
Physiotherapists help you from injury, reduce pain and stiffness, increase mobility and prevent further injury. They listen to your needs to tailor a treatment specific to your condition. As first contact practitioners, you don’t need a doctor’s referral to see a physiotherapist. Physiotherapists, doctors, and other health professionals will often work as part of a team to plan and manage treatment for a specific condition.
Physiotherapists are trained to assess your condition, diagnose the problem, and help you understand what’s wrong. Your treatment plan will take into account your lifestyle, activities and general health.
The following are common treatment methods use by physiotherapists:
- exercise programs to improve mobility and strengthen muscles
- joint manipulation and mobilisation to reduce pain and stiffness
- muscle re-education to improve control
- airway clearance techniques and breathing exercises
- soft tissue mobilisation (massage)
- acupuncture and dry needling
- assistance with use of aids, splints, crutches, walking sticks and wheelchairs to help you move around.
(Reference: Australian Physiotherapy Association)
At Rothwell Physiotherapy we can use these treatment methods to help you with your symptoms and recovery from;
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Hip, knee & ankle pain
- Shoulder, elbow & wrist pain
- Sporting injuries
- Work injuries
- Muscle strains
- Joint sprains
- Recovery following surgery: eg knee & hip replacements, shoulder surgery
- Repetitive stress injuries: eg tennis elbow and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Pregnancy pains: before & after birth
- Relief from arthritic conditions